|Date of birth:||1915|
|Place of birth:|
|Relatives:|| Unnamed Mother (Deceased)|
Kagan (Father: Deceased)
|English voice:||BR, BR2)(|
Rayne is an agent of the Brimstone Society, a secret organization who works to destroy all supernatural evil.
Rayne is an attractive young woman with shoulder-length red hair, fair skin complexion and green eyes in the BloodRayne 2 game. In the first game, her complexion is pale skin and eyes are light blue. She has a slender build and feminine figure with an above average height but also possess a athletic physique. She bears a striking resemblance to her mother but her father is tanned skin with dark hair and golden yellow eyes.
Her main signature outfit consists of a red and black corset, skin-tight matching pants, long fingerless gloves, and high-heeled leather boots. She also wears a choker with a leviathan cross in a red jewel as well as black ribbons attached by large rings in her hair.
Rayne is a very complex woman. She is quite intelligent, knowledgeable, witty, seductive (when need to be), beyond her age and youth. She is shown to be headstrong, mature and gutsy willing to take her job very serious. As a result of it, she is extremely confident in her abilities, when it comes to fighting. Rayne is strong-willed and independent who rarely show any sign of emotions such as anger, alarm, annoyance, surprise, or distress.
Due to her personal upbringing as an assassin, Rayne is also tomboyish, athletic, tenacious, resourceful, persistent and enduring. However, Rayne still has an ever-present dark side that is constantly shown throughout the series.
Despite her cold attitude, she is not completely cruel and ruthless to everyone, but she does form relationships with her mentor Mynce and partner Severin as well as other people who knew her well. She has a very kind and gentle soul while she puts on a tough face in a battle since Rayne was raised to be a powerful vampiric assassin that isn't supposed to show any sign of weakness to her opponents.
Rayne is also bloodthirsty, who kills without much concern, derives pleasure and fun from death and destruction, behaves somewhat sadistically, often decapitating and dismembering her opponents, and is uncaring towards the victims even though she stated that she "doesn't approve of senseless killing" in the first game.
She is also rather cocky and flirtatious, and frequently converses, mysterious and belittles her opponents before killing them. She seem to not care much for humanity (she does prefer to be thought of as half human, half vampire) although she has been shown to have a caring side about a few people (Sir Tremayne and her mother are notable examples). This may stem from already losing her loved ones over the years and her dedication to her job.
Rayne is a American dhampir, born around in 1915. Her mother was raped and killed by her vampire father, Kagan. Kagan later murdered her mother's entire family so that the only person Rayne could turn to is him. This wasn't cruelty, but a policy for all of the dhampir he "created", possibly so that humans wouldn't revolt and use the vampire/dhampir weakness of the sun, holy items and water against them.
Circa 1932, she spent her teenage years trying to hunt down and kill her father, to avenge her family. Her search led her to Europe, where she murdered vampires before being apprehended. She claimed that her victims had been vampires, but was disbelieved by the authorities. She quickly managed to escape from them and continue her hunt.
She was recruited into the mysterious Brimstone Society via an invitation. They sent her on missions to eliminate supernatural threats to the world. One of these missions required her to use her vampiric powers against the Nazis, who were on the verge of using magical artifacts to bring the demon Beliar back to life. Rayne also learned of a plan to use demonic parasites called 'Daemites' against the enemies of the Nazis, after they had been tested on prisoners. Rayne hunted the Daemites to their source, gaining the eye of Beliar in the process. She blew up the base and defeated the high ranking Nazi Mauler in single combat. She traced Jürgen Wulf to Germany and faced off with him and the reborn Beliar. Rayne managed to triumph over the both of them and was told that her father had been found.
60 years after her failed attempt to kill Kagan, Rayne investigated her siblings. Rayne succeeded in killing her father, but unfortunately, the Shroud still lingers over the city and Rayne declares that she and Brimstone will somehow destroy it. At the end, Severin tells Rayne that more vampire overlords will come after Rayne and Brimstone Society makes base in the city, killing the remaining demons and rescuing any survivors. Ending with Rayne saying: "These next few years are going to be very interesting".
- Twin Blades: Rayne's signature weapons. They are steel forged with brimstone left behind by demons going between Hell and Earth. Rayne obtained these shortly before joining the Brimstone Society, from an old man named Declan Finney, who was once dhampir himself, the original owner and maker, as well as a former member of the Brimstone Society. They are the last known pair to exist, though its possible other blades still exist. The blades themselves are mounted on bracers, which are secured to her forearms; reinforced handles on the overside of the blades provide a good hold; when not in use, they pivot 180 degrees behind Rayne’s arms; the blades are three feet long, virtually indestructible and almost double in length while in her Blood Fury state. Courtesy of the hellish runes located near the base of the handles, they focus her rage and redirect it, granting her the Bloodrage ability after a sufficient number of slashes to enemies. Vampires and other creatures of evil of extremely vulnerable to the "hell-born" steel blades. Rayne has nicknamed them her “Angels.”
- Steel stiletto heels : Rayne's bootheels have conical steel spikes on them so when she kicks an enemy they will be injured by the heels pointed tips.
- Chain Harpoon: A gift from her former mentor, Mynce. She is equipped with a small harpoon secured under her left wrist in which she shoots to pierce and hook her enemies with, then pulls back on the chain in order to reel an enemy closer to feed or throw them in a direction she chooses. It can also be used to interact with objects, potentially used as a grappling hook (Mynce used hers in such a manner after her fight with Rayne to save herself from the fall before the wall broke open.) and used as a mid range weapon that does a small amount of damage. Similar to her blades, it is made of steel that was tempered over hellish brimstone and the chain can extend to around 40 - 45 feet in length.
- Various Firearms and Explosives: In the first game Rayne can hold a variety of guns she found on the floor or taken from killed enemies, but when they run out of bullets she will discard them because she doesn't have additional ammo. (She cannot pick up ammo, but can replace discarded guns.) She has the strength to fire fully automatic guns in each hand regardless of recoil, wield heavy firearms effortlessly and with deadly accuracy as if they were toys. She can carry four light guns, two heavy guns, two explosives and one special weapon.
- Semi-automatic pistols
- Repeating rifles
- Battle rifles
- Submachine guns
- Assault rifle (One type in game)
- Light and Heavy machine guns
- Sniper rifle (One type in game)
- Grenade launcher (One type in game)
- Rocket launchers
- Dynamite sticks
- The Carpathian Dragons: In the second game, Rayne wields these dual handguns that alchemically process blood in order to make projectiles that are lethal to vampires as well as non-vampires. They gain their blood-ammunition supply by draining it through large hypodermic needles from Rayne's victims and storing the blood in their reservoirs or when empty, drawing it directly from Rayne herself. They can only be used by Dhampirs, though it is not explained how or why, and have six firing modes. Each mode has three upgrade levels to increase the maximum ammunition count.
- Blood Shot: Semi-automatic
- Blood Stream: Fully automatic
- Blood Spray: Shotgun burst
- Blood Bomb: Time-delayed stickybomb
- Blood Flame: Fireballs
- Blood Hammer: Mini-rockets
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
As a dhampir, she has superhuman strength, speed, agility, and endurance.
- Feeding: Rayne drinks the blood of enemies to restore her own health. She can also perform execution moves while feeding to gain Rage. While feeding, she can use her prey as a meat-shield and shoot at the same time if necessary.
- Jumping: In a single jump, Rayne is able to reach over 20 feet in the air. She can also perform a spiraling rebound kick while jumping to breach weak obstacle and gain extra distance. If jumping from extreme heights, Rayne can survive and land on her feet, unfazed by the impact.
- Kicking: Rayne utilizes her powerful legs almost exclusively rather than her fists (Probably because her hands are mostly occupied by her blades). She is able to perform many basic and advanced kicks with ease. The speed and power of her kicks are powerful enough to kill and send adult men flying off their feet.
- Extruded View: With Beliar's left eye Rayne's sight is vastly improved. She uses this ability to give herself telescopic vision, it can be used to snipe enemies or view the environment from great distances.
- Rage Attack: At the cost of 1/3 her rage, Rayne can execute an attack with her blades that’s slightly less powerful than a full Blood Rage attack but is more powerful than a normal attack and is accessible at any time and can normally kill non-bosses in one attack. (Theoretically, she should be able to perform three Rage Attacks with a full rage meter, but in the game only two are possible.)
- Aura Sense/Aura Vision: Aura Vision allows Rayne to clearly see all living enemies nearby, regardless of the lighting, as well as secret vampire lairs. Using Aura Vision, Rayne can see living beings and points of interest through walls and doors, and the strength of their aura gives her an indication of their health.
- Ghost Feed: A ghostly double of Rayne targets the nearest enemy and feeds on them. Some large enemies and all bosses are immune to Ghost Feed. This allows Rayne to regain health while engaging other enemies.
- Enthrall: The same ghostly double as in Ghost Feed appears, but this time it enters the targeted enemy, causing the enemy to fight for Rayne. Enthralled enemies are killed when Enthrall wears off.
- Blood Rage: Rayne's blade attacks and kicks become much stronger, but she cannot block.
- Blood Fury: Blood Fury is essentially a more powerful version of Blood Rage. In this state Rayne causes more damage to enemies who can not restrain her frenzied attacks, but as with Blood Rage, cannot block. She will kill anyone who stands in her way. Also in Blood Fury, Rayne is invulnerable to damage .
- Blood Storm: A deadly vortex of blood whirls around Rayne, killing and destroying most enemies within its radius instantly. Some large enemies and powerful bosses are not killed by Blood Storm instantly, but are still damaged by it.
- Dilated Perception: Rayne's reflexes and perception are enhanced, effectively allowing her to slow down her perception of time. This allows her to react more quickly and effectively to whatever might occur. Note that everything still moves at the same speed, Rayne only sees it moving slower.
- Super Speed: Rayne's perception of time is slowed as with Dilated Perception, but Rayne also moves faster than normal.
- Freeze Time: Despite the name, this ability does not actually freeze time. However, Rayne's speed is dramatically increased and her perception is such that enemies hardly seem to move and casually walk past bullets.
- Rayne is the first video-game character that appeared in , in the October 2004 U.S. edition as part of an article entitled "Gaming Grows Up".
- She was originally was going to have a "militant, dark Gothic look a brunette with tight buns in her hair and a very severe body line" the character went through several design changes, with an active goal to make her as appealing and distinctive as possible in order to create a franchise with lasting appeal.
- Rayne's character was inspired by an existing Terminal Reality-created character, the dhampir Svetlana Lupescu, who appeared in their 1999 game .
- In BloodRayne 2, in the beginning cinematic inside Zerenski's Ball he asks her if she would like a glass of wine, to which she replies with the classic Dracula quote "I never drink wine." This might also reference Zerenski's classical vampire horror abilities of transforming into bats as a boss later on in the level.
- She placed eleventh on the list of the "Top 50 Sexiest Vampires.
- described providing voice acting for the character as "a blast", though added she couldn't say she identified with the character. Bailey stated that during voice acting sessions, the director would occasionally approach her with changes to the game's script; if the dialog was nasty enough to cause her to blush while saying the lines, he felt the change was good. stated Rayne's appearance had a large impact upon her, citing Rayne's red hair and her desire to further understand the character. She went on to further describe her portrayal of the character as exhibiting "lots of sadness" as well as "strong sense of justice".
- Rayne appears as a playable bonus character in another Majesco game , where player kills zombies in New York during Christmas. She can be unlocked after completing all missions, or obtaining gold medal on mission 33. Once unlocked, she can then be bought for 1250000$ ingame money. Rayne is limited by the gamestyle though, and only uses ranged weapons, not her signature hand-blades.
- Rayne was featured subtlety as an avatar in the movie Ready Player One. Just as the final battle is starting and all the players are running into battle, she can be seen in the shot with Tracer, standing very close to Lara Croft on the far left side of the screen with one of her blades held in the air and shouting “First to the key” with the others. Her outfit and bright red hair could be seen for a split second.
|Báthory Mengele · Beliar · Collaborators · D. Mauler · Daddy · Daemites · Diseased · Elite Soldiers · Feral Vampire · G. Gosler · Giant Bat · Gorham · Hedrox the Infinite · Jean Sigmon · Jürgen Wulf · Kazi · Kommando · Maraisreq · Marassa · Mutates · Mynce · P. Eckstein · Queen of the Underworld · Rayne · Sigmund and Simon Krieger · Survivor · Teengirl · Voicu · Von Blut · Enemies|
|Brute · Dariel Zerenski · Ephemera · Ferril · Foreman · Kagan · Kagan Elites · Kasumi · Kestrel · Lockdown · ManCow · Mora · Ninja · Other Dhampir · Rayne · Roach Queen · Severin · Shadow Legion · Slezz · Suicide Bombers · Tremayne · Unraveler · Xerx Mephistopheles · Enemies|
|Crab Puncher · Crimson Demon · Kagan · Raven · Rayne · Zeta Gamma · Enemies|